D.C. Labor Day Weekend in Bethesda, MD
Toast the last days of summer when you celebrate Labor Day Weekend in Bethesda, Maryland. You’ll find heaps of exciting events with fun for the whole family, including numerous parades, festivals and carnivals. Attend free music concerts during Labor Day Weekend as well: blues at Carter Barron Amphitheater or classical sounds at the United States Capitol.
All Three Days:
- Greenbelt Labor Day Festival – Carnival rides, petting zoo, art exhibits, games, sports competitions, live entertainment and Miss Greenbelt pageant
- Virginia Scottish Games – Heritage celebration with piping, drumming, fiddling, highland dancing, sheep-herding, antique cars and kids activities
- Glen Echo Park Art Show & Irish Festivities – 150 regional artists with works for sale in sculpture, ceramics, glass, paintings and jewelry along with Irish musicians and dancers in Bumper Car Pavilion
- Drum Corps World Championship – Competition of the best drum corps in North America at Navy Marine Corps Stadium
- National Hard Crab Derby – Crab racing, carnival rides, live music, beauty pageant, parade and fireworks in Crisfield.
Saturday, August 31:
- DC Blues Festival – Free annual celebration of the blues at Carter Barron Amphitheater
Sunday, September 1:
- Labor Day Concert at the U.S. Capitol – Free concert by the National Symphony Orchestra
Monday, September 2:
- Kensington 44th Annual Labor Day Parade & Festival – Family entertainment, arts and crafts, live music, kids activities and a parade
- Olde Towne Gaithersburg Labor Day Parade – Fire engines, clowns, horses, giant balloons and high school marching bands
- Herndon Labor Day Festival – Wine tastings, entertainment and live jazz music