Bethesda 4th of July Long Weekend: Events & Activities
There’s no better place to spend your 4th of July long weekend than Washington DC. You’ll find parades and celebrations all across the metro area, from the National Independence Day Parade on Constitution Avenue to a patriotic pub crawl right here in Bethesda. Some of our favorite 4th of July events and activities include:
• Capitol Hill Parade – Starting at 10AM, this parade features antique cars, miniature superheroes and princesses, beauty pageant contestants. It’s followed by a community fair with food, entertainment and games.
• Palisades Parade – Enjoy a festive 4th of July parade starting at 11AM at the corner of Whitehaven Parkway and MacArthur Boulevard, followed by a free picnic with pony rides, moon bounces and live music.
• National Independence Day Parade – See marching bands, military units, floats and VIPs at this 4th of July parade, which starts at 11:45AM on Constitution Avenue.
• Independence Day at Mount Vernon – George Washington’s beautiful estate kicks up the party for the 4th of July with daytime smoke fireworks, a performance by the National Concert Band of America, military reenactments, birthday cake for everyone and a naturalization ceremony for 100 new citizens.
• Red White & Blue Bar Crawl – On Saturday, head to the Woodmont Triangle in Bethesda for a fun pub crawl between 2PM and 9PM. Toast the nation’s birthday with drink specials at Union Jacks, Caddies on Cordell, Hanaro Lounge and Parva Lounge.
After you’ve had your fill of 4th of July activities, return to our intimate and inviting hotel to relax. Situated just 4 miles from DC, we’re in the perfect location to celebrate. Do you have questions about DC events over the 4th of July long weekend or lodging at our unique hotel? Please contact us today at 1 (301) 656-9300.