While fall may not be as ideal of a time for outdoor fun as summer, there are still plenty of fun things to do – especially for those who enjoy the arts. If you’re in the greater Bethesda/Montgomery County area, here are some of the best upcoming shows to look forward to this fall:
- Marcus Johnson – The veteran Jazz player who grew up in the region and attended Georgetown University has produced 18 studio albums since 1997. In 2010 he was nominated for an NAACP Image Award for Jazz Album of the Year. Johnson will be at the Bethesda Blues & Jazz Supper Club on Friday, September 22 at 8 PM – doors open at 6.
- CoCo Montoya – Bluesman CoCo Montoya brings his brand of fiery, guitar-driven music to the Bethesda Blues & Jazz Supper Club on Wednesday, September 27 at 8 PM. After playing with legendary names in blues like Albert Collins and John Mayall, Montoya launched a solo career in 1993 and has eight albums, including three released on the famous Alligator Records.
- Death of a Salesman – This classic, Pulitzer-prize winning play by Arthur Miller tells the tale of aging salesman Willy Loman. The story weaves together themes like the American Dream, family, aging, and much more. The show runs at Ford’s Theater from September 22 through October 22 – tickets are already available.
- Flashback 80s vs. 90s Dance Party at the Fillmore – Featuring acts like Biz Markie, TheVIPs and Here’s To the Night, this mashup throwdown is sure to include all of your favorite hits from two of the most iconic decades in musical history. The event takes place September 29 – tickets are available through Ticketmaster.
- Kevin James – the famous comedian and actor, best known for his role on the hit CBS show The King of Queens and in films like Hitch and Paul Blart: Mall Cop, will bring his side-splitting standup routine to C.’s Warner Theatre on Saturday, September 23.
Finding a Hotel for Shows in Bethesda
It’s great to take in some of the exciting plays and shows happening in and around Bethesda, but if you’re coming from out of town, or simply want a special evening, it’s important to have a quality place to stay. At the American Inn of Bethesda you’ll enjoy easy access to the best venues around, amenities like a 24-hour business center and free Wi-Fi, and the friendliest staff around. Choose the American Inn and see why we are the only name you need to know when it comes to hospitality in Bethesda and D.C.