National Cherry Blossom Festival DC
Immerse yourself in a wind-swept sea of pink petals when you visit the nation's capital during the National Cherry Blossom Festival. Each spring this sizeable celebration honors the gift of Japanese cherry trees to Washington D.C. from the mayor of Tokyo. Combining cultural events with galas, family activities, street parties, kite shows, fireworks and a parade, this exciting festivals makes springtime once of the best seasons to visit D.C. Discover the beauty of the cherry blossom, Washington D.C.'s spirited return to spring and numerous official and unofficial events throughout the city.
In 2014, the National Cherry Blossom Festival takes place from Thursday, March 20 through Sunday, April 13. Signature events are as follows:
* Pink Tie Party Fundraiser - March 20 at the Ronald Reagan Building
* Family Days - March 22 & 23 at the National Building Museum
* Opening Ceremony - March 22 at the Warner Theatre
* Blossom Kite Festival - March 29 on the grounds of the Washington Monument
* Southwest Waterfront Fireworks Festival - April 5 along the Southwest Waterfront
* National Cherry Blossom Festival Parade - April 12 along Constitution Avenue
* Japanese Street Festival - April 12 at Pennsylvania Avenue and 12th Street, NW
Our contemporary DC hotel is the perfect home base for this pretty pink event. Located within walking distance of Wisconsin Avenue Metro Rail Station, our stylish hotel makes it easy to enjoy the beautiful blooms of the city. You'll love our spacious accommodations, complimentary breakfast and free Wi-Fi. Want to know more about the National Cherry Blossom Festival, D.C. lodging or our valuable vacation packages? Call us today at 1 (301) 656-9300.